Monday, April 14, 2014

a (much-needed) date

So another reason for my lack of posting of late has been due to the complete and utter time-suck that is studying for the CFA Level II.  For those of you unfamiliar with this beast of an exam, it is absolute misery.  With a pass rate that hovers around 30% (!!) and with experts warning that any less than 300 hours of studying and you might as well not bother, it pretty much ruins your life for 3-5 months.  

Weekends of late (with the exception of a fun bachelorette weekend off!) have been mainly studying, an occasional walk, and simple, less-than-10-minutes-to-prepare meals at home.

This past Saturday night, however, Stefan decided to pull me out of my CFA hole for a date night out for the first time in what seemed like ages.  He made 9pm reservations at a new spot we have been meaning to try and I even got dressed up for the occasion (also a rarity these days).  





I ended up ditching the shoes (SF just wasn't made for heels), but the dress stayed on: it's one of my absolute favorites.  I've had it for ages and you've probably seen it around these parts many times before:

with the same necklace to boot!



I'd say I'm looking decently pregnant (no?), but interestingly, not a single American has dared make a comment to me.  It's only the foreigners that will jump in with a "when are you due?", "boy or girl?", or sometimes just a blatant: "are you pregnant?".  Our Vietnamese waitress at dinner was all about the questions and even brought us extra bread for baby.  I was pleased.  

xoxo
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: