Thursday, April 3, 2014

red and white

Many have told me that their favorite posts here tend not to be those about the happy days, but rather the ones about the ridiculous missteps or silly-stupid moments that are inevitably a part of everyday life (at least for this gal).  Case in point.  

Luckily for you, I have lots of those, so I figured I'd try to incorporate them whenever possible for your reading (laughing) pleasure.  

One such incident occurred just this past weekend whilst I was in Florida for my dear friend Charlotte's bachelorette.  As already told, I arrived in early Friday AM and spent the day pool-side with Char and her sisters.  It was decently overcast with a touch of sun here and there but I opted to do 55 on my face, chest and arms and 30 on everything else.

The 30 happened to be a spray, which I quickly spritzed on my belly and legs, in an effort to get back to catching up with the bride-to-be.


1

That night, however, it quickly became apparent that my spray job had been perfunctory.  




I had a nice red-and-white pattern cloaking my entire lower half.

While normally I would be beyond thrilled at the prospect of a beach photo shoot (I LOVE playing supermodel) which was our scheduled Saturday afternoon activity, the thought of documenting my sunscreen faux pas and exposing my tender Northern skin to any more rays seemed unbearable.  What was a girl to do?  

Luckily, the bride lent me one of her beautiful beach cover-ups that allowed me to hide all traces of the incident while still allowing some sun on my upper half.  


No one was the wiser.
Except you. :)

xoxo
KK  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: