Wednesday, June 25, 2014

the mackenzies

Greetings friends!

It's been awhile.

Since I've chimed in here last:
we've had bridal showers and baby showers, 
this bump has gotten a whole lot bigger (t-minus 6 weeks!), 
I finally took my miserable test, and 
my best, best friend tied the knot!

There's lots to report back on but I'll start by filling you in on this past weekend: the sensational nuptials of my fab friend Charlotte.

After some picnic-ing and tennis playing Friday afternoon (both the bride and groom are athletic all-stars), we rehearsed our ceremony duties and got cleaned up for the Friday night festivities.  

The rehearsal dinner and welcome drinks Friday evening were a total success.  Top-notch toasts, amazing appetizers, thoughtful touches, a delicious dinner, incredible ice cream, and lots of celebrating.


some of the maids with the bride during cocktail hour

the mother of the groom went all out 
with her "perfect match" theme


Saturday I carried out my very taxing duties as a bridesmaid:

sending the bride off on a morning run,



getting my hair done,
getting my make-up done,
eating lots of delicious food,




hanging out with the bride,
lounging about in a comfy bathrobe,
getting my picture taken.



It was a really tough day.

At 5pm the bride and groom sealed the deal in the most gorgeous of settings:


They then surprised all of their guests with an adorable, perfectly choreographed dance number that charmed the whole lot. 

I was waterworks galore watching them tear up the dance floor.


Again, the party was a smashing success and full of fab moments, best of which was watching how over-the-moon happy both the bride and groom were.




Sadly, the weekend was over just as soon as it started and I was back on a plane to SF.  Luckily, my fabulous husband spoiled me with a business-class upgrade (one of the few pros of him traveling all. the. time.) so I nursed my sadness with warm nuts, a made-to-order ice cream sundae, and lots of on-demand movies.  Had to take advantage of my last pre-baby flight! :)

More news on happenings here soon.

xoxo
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: