Monday, August 18, 2014

coming home

Sadly, Stefan had to head back to work today.  We've had such a blast these past three weeks being home together with little Samantha - getting to know her little habits and squeaks, having yummy dinners in, watching movies, and establishing a quazi-routine.

Luckily, however, my parents and sister are in town this week to visit and help out.  I could not be more excited!

We were also lucky enough to have my parents come visit right after Samantha was born.  They came out the day before we went home from the hospital and took care of us getting our house in order to bring baby home.  Since I had thought we had another 2 weeks, I hadn't washed any of our baby clothes, sheets, or blankets.  Thanks Mom! :)

Because I was feeling great and Samantha was doing excellently, we left the hospital one day early so we could also have an evening of celebration at home with my parents.


Before we left, we thanked all our favorite nurses with some decadent La Boulange pastries.


My parents were waiting at our house to welcome us:


They then spoiled us with a decadent home-cooked meal which we enjoyed with a bottle of Veuve!


seared ahi tuna steaks with mango salsa, 
roasted veggies, fruit salad, and amazing grilled bread

They even got us a scrumptious cheesecake (Stefan's favorite!) to celebrate the big day:



We were sad to see them go, but knew they'd be back soon.  Details on this visit to come!

xoxo
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: