Thursday, October 9, 2014

home-sharpied frames

I've been on the hunt for frames for Samantha's room since way before she was born.  In keeping with our grey-and-white-with-touches-of-pink motif, I wanted something punchy, but not super expensive.  I'd find fun frames for a fortune or boring frames for cheap, but not much in that middle territory.  

One day at Target, however, I was hit with a stroke of genius: I'd simply make a boring, cheap frame fun.

I started with some super cheap, plain white frames:


$4.99 and $6.99 - that's what I'm talking about

Then with a bright pink sharpie ($1.99), I went to work on my masterpieces:


All done in five minutes flat:



Absolutely no artistic ability required.  Even if you can't draw a proper circle (clearly I can't), it still turns out fairly decent.

I'd say they fit into the nursery pretty well:



What do you think?

xoxo
KK

1 comment:

  1. This is the sweetest nursery - KK you have got to have it published! And your touches are so YOU. I could spot your style a mile away - go mommy!

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: