Monday, October 20, 2014

swiss in san francisco

Stefan's mom is in town this week and next visiting us and meeting little Samantha.  We've got lots of fun stuff planned - stay tuned for details! 

Whenever she comes to visit, she always asks what she can bring us from the Motherland and we always have two very special Swiss items we just can't live without:

Sprüngli - seriously the world's best chocolate, bar none.



And Aromat - the world's best spice, bar none.

perfect for dolling up your eggs, salads, fish or veggies

These very coveted, only-found-in-Switzerland items are two of my most favorite things.  While I'd tell you all to go sample them immediately, you'd be unable because these exclusive Swiss delicacies are only available to the elite Swiss (and those fortunate enough to have inside ties).  

But as we enjoyed some salad sprinkled with this special spice and savored a piece of the Sprüngli (we have a strict only-one-a-night policy around here to make them last as loooooong as possible), I began thinking: maybe it's not the actual substance of the items that allures me; rather, could it be that the exclusivity is what drives my deep and intense affection?  After all, my absolute favorite fruit (persimmons!) also has a limited quality about it, being only available in a few precious fall months.

Our fruit basket these days:




Just a thought.

xoxo
KK

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh! Sprüngli and Aromat! I'll definitely miss Sprüngli when we move home, but considering I haven't even tried Aromat I can't say I'll miss it. I guess I better try it while I can. And no idea why I've waited this long considering every raves about it.

    And congratulations on Samantha - she is gorgeous. Let me know when/if you bring her to Switzerland. It would be fun to meet up.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: