Tuesday, November 13, 2012

grammar

Growing up, I absolutely deplored when my grandma Nana would nag me for improper word use.
"Gretchen and I, not me!" she would bemoan me time and time again.
My younger brother Sam was exactly the same.  He would constantly pester all of us to perfect our prose.  He was (and still is) a grammatical snob.

Did it really matter? I would always think to myself post one of their tirades.  You still no what I mean. 

But years later I have come to realize that - yes, oh yes, grammar matters quite a lot.  It is a known fact that people make a first judgment about one another in a matter of minutes, and one's grammar - oh lovely, sneaky, tricky grammar - is one of the first cards to be shown.

So thanks to all of you who have corrected me along the way.  I hope you'll continue to do so every. single. time.   

Pinned Image
 
xoxo
KK

1 comment:

  1. Haha, amen! I admit, I'm quick to judge when I see improper grammar! ...especially the you're/your thing... and their/there/they're...
    I hope you're okay with my use of "..." hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: