Thursday, January 24, 2013

herbs

I knew I wanted to do something special to thank my fabulous co-hosts from last week's Reclaim Childhood event, but I was having the hardest time thinking of something good.  I love flowers, but they're dead before you know it.  And jewelry is so personal and with these girls having style to the max, I knew I couldn't nail it.  And with one lovely lady pregnant, a bottle of wine just wouldn't do.

So I did what they always tell you to do when you're giving a gift: think about what you would want.  For months, I've been yearning for a big box of herbs for my kitchen.  Not only would it brighten up the sometimes dreary white locale, it would help me season my lackluster dishes to perfection.

Because I was feeling all Martha-Stewart-y last week, I decided to pull a DIY.  And I had just the box(es) for the job.



Remember these wooden guys from our big day?
Despite attempting to send them home with EVERYONE, Stefan and I ended up with no less than 10.  And while friends of ours still have boxes-a-blooming, I've managed to kill almost all 10 of ours, leaving me with lots of pretty boxes hungry for greenery.

So I headed to the store, picked up organic potted herbs galore (rosemary, thyme, sage + basil) and then got busy in the garage.



I know, I know - you're totally jealous of my gardening area,
especially with that extra can of gasoline on the right there...







I was super pumped to see one girl post a pic of her morning eggs with fresh thyme from her new kitchen addition:


And I am definitely not complaining about the box I obviously had to make for our kitchen as well.

xoxo
KK

5 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! And I've been meaning to ask you where you found the boxes or if you made them yourselves? Definitely want to do something similar for our wedding, so any tips are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make one of these for our kitchen window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KK! I love mine and I use the herbs every day!!! Thank you sooo much! It was an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. our florist got the boxes for us but ive seen them online in places like this: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/woodplanter.html Happy planning!

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: