Monday, August 5, 2013

1 year in

I know I've been out of touch for awhile, but today felt worthy of reappearance.

Because today marks one whole year of marriage for Stefan and me.


I couldn't be happier to be married to this wonderfully silly, insanely smart, and astoundingly talented Swiss guy.
The only thing that makes me sad about this day is that we're not together (not even on the same continent) and won't be for another 17 days.

Why, you ask?

Because I happen to be Switzerland (living with Stefan's family in his childhood home) taking intensive German lessons and trying to soak up every ounce of Swiss culture I can.  
(I really should have written you in German, but I decided to be nice.)

Even though Stefan and I aren't together, I'm eating copious amounts of our wedding cake's bottom tier cheese in our honor.  (That would be Appenzeller Extra, a strong Swiss mountain variety that is a fourth the price here as it is in the US.)



I'll be back with more news soon, but I have a German test tomorrow and I must study.

Bis bald!
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: