Wednesday, July 10, 2013

watermelon overload

One of my absolute favorite things about summer is the fruit.  While my real favorite varietal doesn't turn up 'til fall, there are plentiful second favorites come summertime.  And watermelon is chief among them.

Only problem with watermelon is that just one of them is - well - a LOT.  While I usually buy them by the quarter to avoid watermelon overload, I couldn't resist the $4-a-pop special at the market this past weekend.

Normally, I just like my watermelon plain.

no frills about it

But with so much I needed to shake it up.

Kale, cucumber, carrot, feta, watermelon salad:



Watermelon slushies:


just freeze watermelon chunks + then blend
no sugar needed!

How do you spice up your watermelon?

xoxo
KK
 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had any watermelon this summer yet, but now that I have seen this yumminess....I'm heading to the store to get me one! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: