Wednesday, July 3, 2013

happy 4th!

What are you up to this weekend?

We're hanging around here and partaking in typical fourth-fare: watching the fireworks from our roof, doing some extra-long hikes over in Marin, and eating lots of corn on the cob.  

While I'm excited for a weekend of not-so-much after so much action these past few weeks, I am missing the big fourth of July festivities I grew up with (family soccer and sparklers and barbecue and sitting by the lake and a flag sheet cake homemade by my little brother early that morning).  

So to quench my thirst for the holiday, I'm bringing you my favs for the fourth.

For eating:

Red White and Blue Salad from @Heidi Haugen | FoodieCrush
Red white and blue fruit parfaits for 4th of July
4th of july
from here and here and here


For drinking:

Patriotic sangria
4th of July party ideas
from here and here


For dessert-ing:

sparkler wedding cakes
4th of July Cupcakes by PattyZ

from here and here and here


And for wearing:

Oylgrhdhiujct3810p4k

Dishfunctional Designs: Independence Day Inspiration - The 4th Of July
from here and here and here

Happy fourth!

xoxo
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: