Thursday, October 13, 2011

Where in the virtual world is Gretters?

So I am sure you're all wondering (given that this is a blog about and authored by two sisters) where the other half of that sisterly pair has been hiding since this blog was born.

I'd love to tell you it's because I am just so much more brilliant and talented and admirable and can juggle a bazillion things at once, but that's really not the case.

While I love my sister dearly, there's always been a little bit of this going on throughout our relationship:

(Me, Gretters)

And I must admit, that while things have improved, they're not all that different.  I still love to be the center of attention and I still leap at any opportunity to outshine, particularly when it comes to Gretters.  (Sorry sis - not telling you anything you don't already know.)

Case in point:
We are super lucky and get to spend every Christmas down in Florida on Gasparilla Island with my dad's side of the family - his two amazing parents (Nana and Pops!) and his two sissies and their kiddies.  When we were little, Nana would take us to the beautiful Catholic Church in town and sign us up for the annual Christmas Pageant.  We always got assigned as token extras - angels, sheep, donkeys - who never had any lines.  Well that would just not do for me.  I wanted to be a STAR, not just a star in Mary and Joseph's partially-lit sky.



So I took matters into my own hands and organized my own rendition of the story of Baby Jesus.  Since I wanted to lengthen my time on stage, I decided to make it both a Christmas and Easter tale.   I enlisted Gretters to be in my cast and instructed her of her duties.  Naturally, I would play Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, and the three wise men.  Gretchen was fortunate enough to be given the fine role of the cross upon which I would be nailed in the final act.

(Sam, Gretters, Me)
Here we are post-performance - I'm already prepping for my life as a pop star
pulling a Britney Spears for the paparazzi. 
Sammer is a bit bummed I assigned him the role of make-up artist 

While I'd love to remain the center of this blog longer still, I've decided to try and clean up my act and share the spotlight with my patient and loving sis.  So your reading days sans Gretters are finally over since I just sent her the password to be able to access this blog.

xoxo
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: