Sunday, December 25, 2011

#1 Do: Make Blueberry Sour Cream Stonewall Scones

Hello Folks,

I bet you never thought this day would come but I am back. Yes, I said it! Back and better than ever! Now, I am not offended if you slyly grinned at the reading of that first sentence doubting the likelihood that you see another post between now and the day the my mother stops ordering gadgets and gizmos off of informercials at 3am - seriously, we have everything from the bumpit to the bullet though I'm certainly not complaining.

But I will be offended if you don't wipe that grin away after the reading of this post - the first of many to come. So, what shall I say to dissuade you from your doubting ways? Well, in true Krieg fashion, I have devised a plan of action with the help of my very intelligent sister. A plan that will not only keep my posts ongoing but will hopefully keep you shaking in your boots for more! more! more!

So, what is this plan we speak of? Well, after much discussion, Kakes and I have decided that while she will stay at the helm filling you in with fascinating updates and depictions of her very glamourous globe-trotting, San Franciscan ways, I will post on Wednesdays (in my do and don'ts of NY style) to try to get you over the midweek hump. While my posts might not always be the longest, most interesting stories, they will certain give you a good chuckle here and there as KK's "key in the door" story are likely occurences in the life of Ms. Gretchen Krieg. Then, as a special treat, we will both post on Friday - buckle your seat belts and get ready to go!

#1 Do: Make Blueberry Sour Cream Stonewall Scones
As KK mentioned in a previous post, we received an AMAZING Stonewall Kitchen gift basket from by boyfriend's overly generous parents - thanks Lisa and Mike! While the basket contained everything from ambrosial jams to tangy champagne mustards and salad dressings, there was one item that I gravitated to immediately: Blueberry Sour Cream Scone Mix.

There has always been something that fascinated me about scones. Maybe it's their longstanding history going back before 1513 in Scotland, Ireland and England, or something about the scone accoutrements (i.e tea, jam, etc.) that makes the scone-indulger appear seemingly more sophisticated, but whatever it is, I did not skip a beat when I was given an opportunity to bake these delicacies on Christmas morning. But while I was thinking that this would be a daunting challenge that would take me hours on end, I was gratefully surprised at the ease of the task thanks to the one and only Stonewall Kitchen. Scone baking once seemingly out of reach, now as easy as 1,2,3...

1. Mix your ingredients (water, butter and Stonewall mix) in a bowl and create a ball of the dough


photo.JPG


2.Create a pizza-like shape of the dough

photo.JPG

3. Cut the "pizza" in six triangles and pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes

photo.JPG

Drum roll...please....10-12 minutes later you have six deliciously home-"baked" scones. Annnnnd a household of impressed and satisfied family members who never knew you had it in you to whip up a couple of scones in under thirty minutes.

So, if you ever fawned at the seemingly sophisticated scholar sitting in the coffee shop nibbling on a scone, please be advised that you have one-up on that refined figure. Not only can YOU look refined as you delight in the deliciousness of the scone but you can also make them, too!


Hope this little tidbit of knowledge helps next time you have house guests!

Until next Wednesday,
Your favorite scone "home"baker

PS next week a less practical and more humorous tale on why you shouldn't go chasing Justin Beiber's tour bus...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: