Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wish list

So I know you were all hoping to get the scoop on the rest of my fabulous weekend extravaganza but unfortunately the pictures documenting the events from unnamed friend's camera have been delayed (apparently people have other things in their lives besides my blog - CRAZY, I know) so you'll have to hold your horses until tomorrow.  I promise it'll be worth it.

In the meantime, I thought I would entertain you with an extremely important and life-altering project that has been on my mind of late:
My 2011 Christmas Wish List

Pinned Image
1
 
Now, you might think that as a 25-year-old, independent woman I wouldn't still craft such a list and send it to my mother, but I have no shame: I still most certainly do.

So here goes:

1
As you probably know by now, I ADORE (and desperately need) my sleep.  So much so that my PJs are on the SECOND I get home from work / gym / grocery regardless of whether it's 10pm or 2pm.  If I'm home for the night, my dress code is sleepwear.  Period.

So to get me a bit classier in the evenings:

Homestead waffle leggings in stripe
Nightshirt in end-on-end stripe cottonDreamy cotton pant in stripe
 
2
I happened to be one of those extra lucky kids that got braces when they were still SUPER cool growing up: 4th grade.  Mine were off WELL before my first kiss (more on that another time :) so I never needed to worry about getting into a tangle with some other dentally challenged adolescent.  To continue my commitment to positive oral hygiene, I am asking for the super exciting and riveting present of: an electric toothbrush!

Philips Sonicare FlexCare Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush
 
3
While an avid contact wearer all my life, I made the mistake of wearing those two tiny feather-like lenses for three weeks straight while learning how to kite surf in the salt waters of Venezuela.  Not smart.  Since then, my need for glasses has increased dramatically and thus I've been on the hunt for a pair that steps it up in the style department.

For seeing:
 
Selvedge chambray shirt
I'd love to get a pair of these sexy frames, but
sadly J. Crew doesn't market their wonderfulness. 
 
Some others that intrigue me:
 
 
Revue Retro 653
Preston
 
 
 
4
So I've always had this complex when it comes to fancy candles.  I TOTALLY, UTTERLY adore them, but I feel like they're such a waste.  Paying $35 for some wax and wicks when you could get the same at Walgreens for $1.99 always fills me with enough guilt to deter me from the purchase (and then go couponing to repent for my sins).  But the truth remains: I love these overpriced beacons and thus am asking for a few of my favorites for the holidays.
 
Because you know I'll be super sad
when the season of my favorite fruit comes
to an end at the end of the month

For while I am cooking in the kitchen

Because keeping jasmines in my apartment
year round is a little too pricey




5
And finally, just a few random things that have caught my eye as I browse:

Square Lacquer Trays

Because you know how much I adore Tory

Booker boots
 
 

Now before you go about writing me off as the spoiled, selfish, and expectant little sass face that I may or may not be, let me note that Momma Krieg requests this list at least twice a year (Christmas and Birthday) and there's absolutely no disappointing her.  Seriously though, I do believe the exercise is an excellent way to avoid bad gift giving.

Case in point (from one of my blog favs, Urban Grace):

One Christmas one of Urban Grace's readers was the recipient of:
"I kid you not...2 books on plastic surgery and a check to get liposuction, from my mother-in-law."

Ouch.

xoxo
KK


No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: