Monday, February 11, 2013

a baby shower

This past weekend I was super pumped to attend a lovely tea-party-themed baby shower for my fabulous friend Melanie.  

  
Before this weekend, I was a total baby shower virgin.  I begged the two sensational hosts to let me come help prep, which, in this case, meant making tea sandwiches. (Also a first for this girl.)  




I prepped some traditional cucumber-cream cheese and salmon-cream cheese varieties while host Sarah opted for all sorts of savory combos: apple-cheddar-mustard, chicken-fig-goat cheese, egg-mayo-lettuce, and my personal fav: sprout-walnut-avocado.  

You don't feel so bad eating 10 when they are dainty.  (And delicious.)

There were also scones:


And a diaper cake:



And earl grey cookies:



And yummy baby-friendly (and not-so-baby-friendly) drinks:



And healthy things like fruit and green salad which didn't capture my camera's fancy given the other more decadent dining options omnipresent.

And - of course - tea!:


One of the lovely hosts brought her entire collection of antique, mismatched tea cups for us to sip out of.  I felt so important and refined.

That is, until I decided to decorate a onesie with a fellow guest:

watch out Jackson Pollock - you got some stiff competition


What were you up to this weekend?

xoxo
KK

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely recap! You are such a special friend to me and I appreciate you AND your tea sandwich making skills!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: