Wednesday, July 11, 2012

videographer war

Planning a wedding sans planner has had its ups and downs.  We've had our fair share of wedding checklist deadlines missed, details forgotten, and mistakes made, but overall, it's been an awesome learning experience and we've loved every second.

Not too long ago, we decided we'd like to look into getting a videographer.

At the start of this whole process, I became enamored with the idea after seeing gloriously romantic films like: 


and


and



But with so many things we wanted to do, this one fell to the bottom of the pile.  As we began to solidify our pretty untraditional, and perhaps a bit odd, ceremony over the past few weeks, however, we decided we really wanted someone there to document the event.

So not wanting to ask a family member nor break the bank with a full-out professional crew, I went onto Craigslist to scoop out some options.  I emailed a bunch of freelance videographers on a Tuesday (the Tuesday before fourth of July mind you) to collect some quotes planning to evaluate my options that Friday.

On Thursday (two days later, one of which was a holiday), however, I got the following email from one of those I contacted:

I emailed you a reply. 
Is there a reason why at least you do not reply? 
Totally impolite!  Hope you have a bad day on your wedding!

(In exactly that color, in five times that size.)

I was shocked and perturbed and felt compelled to reply:


I am sorry that I have not responded.  I was celebrating the fourth of July holiday yesterday and was planning to get back to you on Friday.  Given your email, however, I will let you know now that we will not be working with you.  Thanks.



Immediately, he responds:

Pure BS.   "Given your email" ????   You never really intended to reply. 
You are full of BS and you know it. 
Hope it is a disaster.
You are impolite and full of BS and you know it.


And then two minutes later:

and I will pass around your info to other videographers so they know who they will be dealing.



I should have just left it there, but I couldn't help myself.  (As Stefan knows, I really like having the last word.)

You are completely unprofessional.


And then him again:

Save that comment to yourself.  You are the one who is not just unprofessional but full of BS and impolite. 
And this is what I call an all out war.

I can't make this stuff up. 
So there you have it folks - if shit hits the fan come August 5th, we'll know it was result of this particular videographer's evil spell, cast upon me for being a tad bit lazy in my email response time.  My apologies. 

xoxo
KK 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I work for an event planner that specializes in weddings and I know how hard it can be when people do it on their own so congrats to you for that. People are rude not your fault...best of luck with the rest of the planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so infuriating! And so interesting! I think it's good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that!! How rude and infuriating. Anyway, I think you won this round. Your wedding was stunning. I just recently found your blog and am not planning on getting married anytime soon, but I am definitely bookmarking this! You have such beautiful ideas! Stamps go a long way, eh?? xo

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: