Tuesday, July 17, 2012

hochzeit in der schweiz

When we knew we were headed to Europe for the wedding of one of Stefan's closest friends (coming up next weekend), we decided to spend a whole week, also taking time to celebrate our nuptials with all of the friends and family who can't make the trip over to the States in just a few weeks.

This past Saturday was that celebration.

While Stefan and I were desperately jet-lagged from our trip over dying to sleep until noon, we were both up early to help in prepping Stefan's mom's house for the festivities.  I showed my skills at pool cleaning as Stefan helped blow up balloons.


Stefan's family went to quite some trouble to bring us all sorts of important Swiss wedding traditions:



Copious amounts of food,
almost all of which included some form of cheese



A wedding "newspaper" for everyone in attendance
which included a page of warm wishes from each guest,
traditional swiss recipes for us to cook for each other,
and a "truth about stefan" and "truth about kk" page
where we both answered questions to see how well
we knew each other (short answer: very well)


 
Some lovely toasts, complete with a clock that ticks backwards
(oh how I wish!)



Some exceptional presents from some exceptional guests


 
This one:
FIVE jars of Aromat
(my FAVORITE only-found-in-Switzerland spice
that you can put on anything to make it beyond delicious)
wrapped with Swiss Francs

 
Hugos (the most delicious Swiss summery cocktail you ever did taste)
pool-side

Not to mention juicy sausages off the grill, a homemade wedding cake, some luscious Austrian wine, and lots of fun conversations (with my broken, nicht-so-gut Deutsche). 

I'd love to tell you more but I've got German homework to do.  (Oh yes, that's right: After our weekend of fun, Stefan jetted off to London for some work meetings while I stay here with his mom taking intensive German classes in downtown Zurich - more on that tomorrow.)

xoxo
KK

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! it looks like the trip was a lot of fun!
    I really like these pictures!
    you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: