Thursday, February 9, 2012

breakfast best

Today is a fabulous day around these parts.  First, Stefan gets back from his two-week stint in Latin America where he was busy checking on his portfolio companies and stocking up on Latino-style liquors for an upcoming fiesta at la casa de us (more on that to come).  Then, the two of us hop on a jet down to Gasparilla Island to do an early birthday celebration with my sister & her man, my mom & my dad and my nana & pops. 

We do all sorts of fun things while in Florida - running the island, lunching on the golf porch, sunning on the roof, bathing in the pool, toasting at The Pink, biking into town, hitting balls at the courts next door, dining at the Club - the list goes on and on. 

One of my favorite Florida traditions, however, is having a big family breakfast at the Outlet - the no-frills breakfast and lunch joint adjacent to Gasparilla's Innlet Motel.  The spot is about 2.5 miles down the island from my parent's home, so we walk the beach there, enj0y our grub, and then walk the beach back making the event a few hour (and calorie net-even) affair. 



 

They have the most moist, mouthwatering muffins you've ever devoured.  Blueberry, lemon poppy seed, apple cinnamon are all divine, but it's their butternut rum walnut that we absolutely cannot resist.     



But better than their baked goods are their eggs.  They fry up the fluffiest, fit-for-a-king omelettes in all of Florida. 



They're so delicious that the last time we dined there, my younger brother declared his bacon and cheddar cheese version paired with a deliciously doughy bagel and crispy homemade fried potatoes his
favorite. breakfast. ever.



His declaration made us all start chatting about each of our top-rated morning meals. 

I'm always been a push-over for a delicious and gooey French Toast, but the best version by far in my book is Boulange's Fantastic French Toast served with their fresh fruit salad and pure maple syrup.  The next time you're in San Francisco, you should definitely give it a shot.

1

But while Boulange rocks a lot of my fav breakfast foods, when it comes to the actual meal, I don't think it's with a special sauce or at a specific spot, but rather, with a certain crew.  So I'd have to confess that my fav breakfast of all-time is anything served up with a side of fabulous friends and family. 
And I'm very much looking forward to that this weekend.
What's your top-rated morning meal?

xoxo
KK

1 comment:

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: