Monday, February 27, 2012

leg lifter

So Stefan and I did a casual, just-a-bit-goofy photo shoot last week for some pics you'll get to see oh-so-very soon.  (I promise the wait will be worth it!)

For a lot of the photos we just had random people take them (which will make more sense once the photos and their purpose are revealed), but for the final round, we had our fabulous friend Deborah come in with her professional skills and equipment to take some real rounds.  

We jetted around town snapping shots - us on our bikes and her on her Vespa - ending the afternoon at the lovely Chrissy Field.




For those of you who have been to San Francisco, you likely know the scene at Chrissy on a sunny, non-work-day afternoon: 
a running trail dotted with sporty citizens getting in their daily jog,
a biking path filled with cleanly-clad cyclists,
and a beach packed full of dogs, dogs, and more dogs.

We're a pretty dog-friendly city so owners are allowed (and even encouraged) to let their four-legged friends run free sans-leash on the beach's golden sand.  

As Deb, Stefan and I headed out towards the shoreline to set up for some shots, we put our stuff down on the sand.  Stefan had his pack back filled with our "props" and I had my new lululemon gym bag stuffed with:
-fresh fruit (you never know when the itch for an apple or some strawberries might hit), 
-my North Face fleece (San Francisco's sun can be sneaky), and 
-my little Trish McEvoy make-up case (for some last minute touch-ups).

What happened next is seared into my memory like the taste of that particular brand of booze you had one too many shots of when you first learned to drink.

As Stefan and I posed and Deb directed, a small, seemingly innocent, unleashed pup trotted over to our bags. 

He sniffed at mine intrigued.
He then took a step forward and lifted his leg.

My mouth dropped in astonishment - there was no way...

And then he did it.  
He peed all over my wide-open, brand-new bag.

Deborah screamed,
I hollered,
and Stefan sprinted over to try and shoo the poor pup away.
But it was too late - my stuff was soaked with fresh puppy piss.



 
As soon as my shock wore off, and I came to terms with the fact that all these items were indeed washable or easily disposable (somehow I didn't think I could muster up the courage to eat the fruits even after a solid scrubbing), the three of us laughed our booties off over the hilarity of the situation.  

After an intense and thorough washing session at home (it's amazing what soap and water can do), my stuff was good at new.  No need to cry over a little splashed puppy pee. 

xoxo
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: