Thursday, November 10, 2011

A key goof

Today is an uber exciting, but VERY busy day as I am prepping to head East for Williams College Homecoming (go Ephs!), so this post will be short, but sweet.  And by sweet, I mean stupid.  We're talking really, really laughably (I hope) mindless.

So here goes:
I have two sets of keys to my car.  They both look like this:


Only one has a battery that works, and one doesn't.  So to avoid the hassle of having to manually lock and unlock my doors (god forbid!), I keep the electronically challenged spare in a secret little pocket of my trusty MZ Wallace wonder bag.  The main guy goes in my primary key pocket (front lower right). 

When I was leaving work the other day, for some odd reason, the two got switched around.  When I went to unlock, I found I was holding the manual method.  Too lazy to dig around for my preferred choice, I unlocked, hopped in, tossed my plethora of bags into the passenger seat, pushed in the clutch and went to turn on the ignition.  But my trusty key was no longer griped between my fingers.  I looked over at the mess of items I had just strewn about and decided that rather than go hunting, I'd pull out key #2 (or rather #1).  Problem solved.

I scooted on my merry little way over to Chestnut Street to run some quick errands parking in the fabulous garage on Pierce.  I don't know why anyone wastes time looking for a street spot in the Marina - there's always tons of spaces in this little garage for exactly the same price!  (And sometimes cheaper as the parking checkers aren't as diligent about doing their rounds in there.  Shhhhh.....)

So after the bank, boutique, bakery, and book store (I actually only visited two of those mentioned, but the opportunity to fib with some brilliant alliteration was just too tempting), I returned to my car. 

And found my key:


Whoopsidaisies.

I've officially decided that all weekends should be (at least!) three days so you will no longer be hearing from me Fridays.  (That and I will be too busy, exhausted, frenzied, and bubbling with excitement to be with my fantastic family, fabulous friends, and beloved Billsville to write you all come tomorrow.)

Have a fabulous weekend!

xoxo
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: