Tuesday, May 22, 2012

gratitude in a gift

So I hate to be a downer, but I have to get something off my chest:
With all the excitement and anticipation of planning a wedding comes a fair amount of guilt. 

Not just guilt for the insane amount of money one's parents pour into a few-day event (and trust me, there is a whole lotta that), but also guilt for the sacrifice of every single person in attendance.  Attending a wedding is no small undertaking for guests, especially when it takes place in a pricey destination to which they must fly (guilty as charged).  There's days off and plane tickets and hotel rooms and rental cars and wedding attire, not to mention gifts. 

And then you can multiply that by three for your bridal party and closest family and friends because they do the whole thing all over again for your engagement party, bachelorette, and bridal shower.  A wedding is a serious investment, not just for the bride and groom's families, but for all those involved.

So this past weekend I wanted to do something a little special to show my three bridesmaids how much I appreciated all the things they're doing to honor me this summer.  I wanted them to know that I didn't take for granted the fact that they had to take a precious Friday off and buy a plane ticket and rent a car and treat me to a killer line-up of activities, cocktails, and meals.

So I put together a little treat for them:

A Weekend-at-the-Beach Goodie Bag

I picked up three different waterproof bags from my fav store on Chestnut Street: Toss Designs.


I then stocked up on my fav beach-weekend goodies (with a little menu of contents, of course).


I then couldn't resist giving each babe a little bridesmaids update on their duties the weekend-of.  One side of my update outlined the wedding weekend schedule while the other contained a personal love letter from yours truly.


All together it was one cute little package.



While the girls loved their goodies, it quickly became apparent that there had been no need.  They're the kind of friends who leap at the chance to indulge in such a celebration and don't need to be reminded that you're grateful.  As my wise, other bride-to-be friend said, "your closest friends enjoy doing these things for you, let them."

Despite the lack of need for gifts, however, I was glad I am gave them.  Especially when the first day in the sun left us (well, mainly me and my sister) red as lobsters and in desperate need of that little tube of Banana Boat.

xoxo
KK

4 comments:

  1. so sweet. even if they didnt "need" that, its always nice to be appreciated, so good on you!! those bags are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea!! Might have to steal this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really thoughtful of you. even though i'm sure it wasnt necessary i'm sure they appreciated it

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: