Monday, May 21, 2012

back-to-basics bachelorette

I know things have been quiet around here of late but I have good reason: I've been off celebrating my bachelorette with my three favorite girlfriends - my sister and my two college roommates.  While you may be picturing crazy nights out, boatloads of babes in stretch limos, and strippers galore:


The truth is, that just isn't me.  So in keeping with my just-a-bit-more-low-key style, the four of us went back-to-basics and headed down to sunny Gasparilla Island, Florida for a weekend of splendid surprises.

There were all my favorites:

Walks into town for brunch at Innlet,



yoga on the beach,



Our super sweet teacher headed back post class

drinks at the Gasparilla Inn,



and dinner at the Pink Elephant.


Not to mention:
my sister's killer fresh fish off the grill,
a bike ride followed by Dark & Stormies at Miller's Dockside Marina to watch the boats come in,
lunch at the Pass Club,
swimming in the pool,
and lots of right-up-my-alley games.

Like guess the wine varietal and price:


Where we failed miserably by guessing the cheapest was the most expensive,
and the Malbec was the Cab

And another where the gals tested how well I knew Stefan. 
While I knocked most questions out of the park, when it came to his fav and least fav dishes of mine, I struggled.  I categorized this polenta as a fav while he gave it a big thumbs down.  At least he likes my cheesecakes.  (But perhaps that's only because he's obsessed with anything cheese.  Good thing he isn't marrying me for my culinary talents.)

The best part of the whole weekend, however, was getting to spend three glorious days with these three fabulous babes.  Even with the coast to coast separation between us for close to two and half years now, it felt like no time had passed since we were silly, bubbly roommates back at school.  I am counting down the days until we do it all over again in the Hamptons for Jessie's bachelorette in just a few short, short weeks.

xoxo
KK

5 comments:

  1. oh katherine, this looks like the perfect bach party!! yoga on the beach, what an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time! I hope to have a simipar type of party for my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yoga on the beach looks awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great weekend! and wowzers, you all have awesome beach bodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect!! Exactly what I want too!

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: