Thursday, May 3, 2012

thrifty thursday: wallet wear and tear

I have a wallet I absolutely adore. 
It's black patent leather, so it hides dirt and is super easy to clean.
It's nice and long, so I can put my bills in flat and neat.
It's got lots of little hiding spots, so each and every card has a slot all to itself.
And it's Tory Burch.
Need I say more?



But him and I have been together for quite some time - almost four years to be exact - and so his gorgeous shell has been subjected to a little wear and tear.  And because of it, that gorgeous, signature TB logo has started to peel itself off.



Now I could ditch this first love of mine and trade him in for a brand new version...


...but that would run me $195 + tax at my local Neimans (or TB supplier of your choosing).  Instead, I decided to work with what I got.

At first, I just fashioned on some scotch tape and called it a day (which lasted for no less than three months - yes, I used a scotch-taped Tory Burch wallet for more than 90 days), but eventually I decided to make the repair permanent.

Enter: super glue. 
(Approximately 2 bucks at your local drug store.)


As good as new!

So the next time you're ready to ditch your slightly damaged goods, consider repairing instead of replacing.  You'll save money AND space at the garbage dump.

xoxo
KK

7 comments:

  1. Good job! Very crafty of you :-) I'm sure your wallet thanks you in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would especially repair my wallet because ive had it for so long. good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicely done!! i have a michael kors gold wallet that's all beaten up...can't give it up though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Articles writing Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world.God Bless You..
    single speed cycle shops london
    bicycle shops north london
    bicycle shops near london olympic

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i though you were going to say your dog ate it... but that was just wear n' tare!? that's crazy!! i was just at Tory Burch on Roberson yesterday... small world! (love that place!)
    xxo, vanessa

    http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: