Tuesday, May 29, 2012

wonder women

So not too long ago, a good friend of mine asked if I'd help her out by dressing up in a little photo shoot for a project she's working on.  While I pretended I needed coaxing ("Oh little old, plain jane me?"), I was secretly salivating at the thought of playing model for a couple of hours.  Who doesn't love getting all dolled up and having their picture taken?  Okay, fine: a good amount of people, but not me - I love it.

The day was everything I had imagined and more (including a whole lotta exhaustion come 4pm), but the thing that was the most extraordinary was being surrounded by so many truly remarkable, inspiring women.

First off, there was Melanie, aka. the fashion miracle worker, whose launching her own bridal styling business.  The photo shoot was to showcase a sampling of her rocking work, and boy, did she hit it out of the park.

Me modeling "Quirky Formal Bride"
Note my failed "model face" attempt
I stuck to mostly smiles from then on

The above iPhone photo doesn't do Mel's work justice, but you're just going to have to wait for her website's launch to see the real deal. 

Then there was the fact that the shoot prep was hosted at the charming home of fellow model Sarah Jenks - self-made weight loss guru extraordinaire.  She gushed about how she's just wrapping up enrollment for her unbelievably awesome new program - Live More, Weigh Less - where she teaches women to live a life they can't get enough of, while they watch the weight just fall off.  No, seriously.  I'm not joking. 

 

Then there was friend and fellow model Claudine - caterer, chef, and cardio conqueror.  In addition to running her own catering and cooking business, teaching a full suite of different exercise classes, and writing a blog, she's launching a new business to help women be their absolute best in the kitchen. 

She showcased her talents that night as she hosted 10+ hungry people for a three-course, home-cooked meal with wine pairings AFTER spending 8 hours modeling around San Francisco and BEFORE having to teach a 7am spin class the next morning.



And the spread did not disappoint.  Stefan was all over that beautiful cheese platter.



All in all, a fabulous way to spend a Sunday. 

xoxo
KK

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have some pretty amazing women in your life. I love the 'quirky formal bride' dress and I can't wait to see the pictures on the site. Dress up is so fun. I need to become more comfortable in front of the camera and have a photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. you make quirky formal bride look so good!!

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: