Friday, January 13, 2012

favs from mom

In brainstorming my favs for this week, I realized that a lot of my current favorites - scratch that, almost all of my ALWAYS favorites - are courtesy of my fabulously stylish and tantalizingly tasteful madre.  So in honor of her, I am sharing my favorites from the mothership - her fashion sense, her gifts, her recipes, her tastes, her habits, her words of wisdom.  Enjoy!


For wearing:
Boutique-bought black and white sweater,
J. Crew Booker Boots
(plus the red framed print behind me)
ALL gifts from my lovely mom


(plus leather chair gifted to Stefan)
(plus Alcatraz print gifted to me)
Again, ALL gifts from - you guessed it - MOM




For eating:
Her unbelievably delicious Caesar salad dressing
(6 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire, 1 egg,
3 tablespoons lemon juice and Parmesan cheese to taste)
To die for!
1


Her Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Roll
We were always the coolest kids in school
when it came in with us a birthday treat
(you can find a close second to her rendition here)



For drinking: 
She's got me head over heels for this divine bubbly.
Oh what a shame.



For writing: 
Her emphasis on the value of a hand-written note
Sure, you can tell someone "thank you" or "I love you"
or "I am thinking of you" in milliseconds nowadays,
but somehow the extra few days in delivery
change the message in the most magical way



For rejuvenating: 
Her uncanny ability to sleep just about anywhere
(me demonstrating my inherited skills on a road trip)


For saying:
If you know her, you'll know she LOVES to say this.
For the longest time, I thought it was the silliest of sayings. 
OF COURSE, it is what it is. 
But after awhile, I realized the true intention of the phrase:
what has happened is over and done with,
stop stressing/worrying/getting anxious about it,
accept it, and move on or deal with it.  Pure brilliance.
1


Enjoy your weekend - it's gorgeous here and I am already salivating at thought of a trip to the ferry building farmer's market and a long run with Stefan on our favorite Pacific-lined trail.  I'll report back next week!

xoxo
KK 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! Hope you have a great weekend!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww your mom has definitely imparted a lot of awesome wisdom and taste into your life!

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: