Thursday, January 5, 2012

proposal, part zwei

If you didn’t tune in on Tuesday evening for a recap of the proposal, part eins, I’d recommend you start there.  For those already filled in, buckle up your seatbeats because the excitement is nowhere near complete – we’re only at about 2:30pm and this fine day doesn’t end until the clock strikes midnight.

After I calmed down from:

1. the excitement of his just-a-bit-insane proposal,
2. the beyond gorgeous ring that I’d now wear, and
3. the sheer joy of having him all to myself for the rest of my life,

he managed to pop the bottle of champagne pouring us each a bubbly glass with which to toast.  We called over Marcus who joined us to cheers our new engagement.  We snacked on cheese, drank champagne, and giggled over the sheer blissfulness of the day.

With my fingers swollen from the climb,
I could only squeeze this beauty on my pinkie finger
It wasn't until later that night that we discovered his guess at my size
(based on the relative girth to his pinkie) was actually spot on

As we began to feel the brisk mountain cold against our cheeks, we decided to pack up and head back down.  Given the immense intensity of the route up, I expected the downhill to be a piece of cake - especially with my newfound adrenaline from Stefan's perfect proposal.



But boy was I wrong.  With my legs far beyond completely spent and a glass of bubbly flowing through my veins, I didn't have the same wherewithal to carve around the plethora of rocks, bushes, trees, and frozen-over streams that lie in my path.   



After a few falls on my part (okay fine - a TON of falls on my part), we finally made it back to Marcus' car around 5pm - an hour later than expected thanks to my brilliance on the slope.  Little did I know that my fabulous fiancee had planned us a full schedule of evening activities - the next of which was set to start at absolutely no later than 5:15.
At a mountain top at least 30 minutes away.

I'm a much better skier than this - I swear


What had he been planning, you ask?
Well only the most adorable thing ever.
You see he and I have this thing about flying.  Given that we were in a Switzerland-San Francisco long-distance relationship for almost a year and he works almost exclusively in LatAm, we spend a lot of time in the air. 

Stefan has always told me:

"I'm not looking for a stewardess..."
(hate to break it to you babe, but I think they're called flight attendants nowadays - am I really THAT much younger than you? only kidding :)
"...what I really want is a co-pilot, and you're just the kind of girl I want flying my plane."

Sooooo, his plan was to have us then go paragliding - two co-pilots flying over the Alps as the sun set behind the mountain we just summited and skied.  Pretty darn awesome.

1

But thanks to my subpar slope-descending skills, we missed our coveted time slot (the last of the day).  While I was sad, my legs were quite thrilled. 
Perhaps we'll paraglide to the altar.

He then informed me not to worry - there was another activity scheduled promptly at 6pm.  We bid adieu to Marcus...



...and then hopped in our car to drive to a neighboring village - Sils-Maria and pulled into the location of our next activity:

12
 
The family-run, historical, and very enchanting Hotel Waldhaus Sils



Free apples = Definite must

After being greeted by one of the Swiss owners (who is married to an American - oh what a combo!), Stefan told me to get dressed for our next activity: the spa. 
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.
We popped on our bathing suits and b-lined it to the sauna (where we promptly took them off - we WERE in Europe after all).

1

Post sauna, we sipped tea and lounged in the relaxation room gazing longingly into each others' eyes.  I can't believe I just typed that.
But it was totally true.  Oh the stupid things love makes you do and type.

We then showered up and beautified for the next activity on the schedule: a five-course (and five-star) meal in their world-acclaimed restaurant.
PREPARED by their Michelin-starred chef.
IN the private and perfectly romantic lounge.
WITH a bottle of our absolutely most favorite and special wine: Turley, which he had specially packed in his bag for the event.




I was in such an utter state of disbelief staring at that complete stud sitting across the table that I completely forgot I may want to document some of the UNREAL delicacies we dined upon.  You'll just have to trust me - they all were dazzling and delicious.

By far, the absolutely most wonderful day of my life.

Although I must admit: the next day - our first full day as Verlobte and Verlobter (as they say over in those parts) - was pretty darn awesome as well.


Us on Breakfast Course One
(of five)

Tune back into tomorrow for a peak into Gretters and my Friday favs! 

xoxo
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: