Friday, January 6, 2012

favs from afar

Glücklich Freitag Freunde!
(Can you tell I am missing being back in the Eurozone with my Swiss-German half?)

Today, I'm sharing my fav findings from afar.

For cooking:

An assortment of Switzerland's fine culinary traditions -
a Christmas gift from my lovely future sister-in-law


For baking:


A host of Swiss Christmas cookie-making tools
(to assist Stefan and I improve upon this project next year)
plus a personalized and handmade cookbook
of the Fischer family's finest Swiss cookie recipes -
a Christmas gift from my lovely future mother-in-law


For going:

Munich in winter



For eating:



German sausages of any kind,
but especially a juicy bratwurst in a (too-small) bun



Persimmon Bread
Bon Appetit's Persimmon Bread
- while these little guys are almost out of season,
this is the perfect way to use those extra overripe varieties
(okay fine, I know:
not technically from "afar" but I'm just TOO obsessed)



For drinking:

1
Glühwein - a delicious European wintertime tradition:
warm and cozy mulled red wine with all kinds of yummy spices


For wearing:

Pinned Image
Extra big glasses =
an absolute MUST on the other side of the pond
1

Pinned Image
Those big lenses paired with a Parisian striped tee,
a pretty pink topper, some slouchy jeans, and a pair of flats =
EUROPEAN PERFECTION
1



And just for fun:
Pinned Image
Because who doesn't love a European-style picnic?
1

 
Enjoy your weekend! 

xoxo
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: