Wednesday, March 7, 2012

date night

So last night Stefan and I were scheduled to go see a potential wedding band over in Oakland.  Since this week is totally crazy and it was the only night the two of us had just to ourselves, we decided to make a date of it.  I volunteered to make plans.

Given that Oakland is minutes away from Emeryville, I leapt at the opportunity to take us to my favorite date spot over in those parts: IKEA!

In addition to picking up a new basket for our bedroom,

a paper bin for Stefan's desk,

FNISS Wastepaper basket IKEA
(times two - we got an extra one for recycling, what a splurge!)

a can opener,

KONCIS Can opener IKEA
(Although Stefan tried to convince me it wasn't
necessary since we have him and his Swiss army knife)

and a little plant for me,

SUCCULENT Potted plant IKEA


We chowed down on some Swedish deliciousness for dinner.

$7.99

(And this isn't even a thrifty Thursday post! Boy are we good!)

And the wedding band was The One. I smiled and laughed so much during their 1 hour sample set (which felt like 5 minutes - we were both begging for more) that my cheeks still hurt.

xoxo
KK

2 comments:

  1. I love Ikea! Lucky for us that our 'fellas enjoy coming along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the band is EVERYTHING, congratulations! p.s. just opened it up... you two are too much - it is so very y-o-u. p.p.s. how the hell did you make it out of ikea with five items? either you have ghandiesque inner peace, or you were under a time constraint.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: