Tuesday, March 6, 2012

a special site

So Stefan and I have been super determined to do this wedding of ours all on our own.

No wedding planner. (As two ex-consultants, we were pretty sure our research and excel skills could do the trick.)
No calligrapher. (I wanted to hand write all addresses to match the feel of our invites.)
And absolutely no wedding website template.  (100% personalized and made by us.)

Pinned Image
Cake made by KK?
Well, maybe perhaps not

At first, it all seemed totally doable. 
But after about a month of uncovering task after task after task, I was a little taken aback.  How the hell were we going to get all this done while both having full-time jobs?  ESPECIALLY the darn website - I can barely understand the workings on this fool-proof blog, how was I going to help code and design my own site from scratch?

But Stefan was determined and persistent - teaching himself CSS, Java, and Flash into the wee hours of the morning.  Despite never having built a site before, he navigated the interweb like a pro - creating a site skeleton for us within a day. 
"See, we CAN do this.  Won't you let us?" he pleaded.


I was skeptical but I agreed, working on the text while he coded our weekends away.  And a week and a half later, we have a fully functioning site (with the occasional glitch here and there of course). 


Visit it at www.kkandstefan.com.
For those friends and family who need the password for protected pages, just email me and ask for it!

In addition to learning:
how to create a photo slider on our main page,
add custom background music (featuring the soundtrack from the movie Bottle Shock which was filmed at our wedding site location),
have a guestbook with attendees pictures and quotes,
add a favicon to our web address (yes, we do love Switzerland!),
he figured out how to add a blog,
just for me. 

So in addition to posting about my daily musings here, I'll be updating our guests on the latest and greatest on wedding weekend logistics, things to do in the Bay Area, and our fabulous family and bridal party over at www.kkandstefan.com.  We hope you'll swing by!

xoxo
KK

PS.  I should note that while we haven't caved on a full-out wedding planner, seven days ago I enlisted my mother - execution extraordinaire (seriously, our nation would be problem free in three months if Liz Krieg ruled it) - to take over much of the research and negotiating. Since then, she's basically nailed down the whole shi-bang.

4 comments:

  1. mother-in-law = amazing planners!

    thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't use a wedding planner, but it is pretty hard without the help of family and friends!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are SUCH a good looking couple!! Love it. Planning weddings is crazy ... I just wish pinterest was around when I planned mine! Love your blog. Newest reader!

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: