Monday, March 19, 2012

expectations erased

So I happen to be an extreme planner.  And I don't just make the plans, I also think through everything in my head beforehand - not just where I'll go and who I'll meet but what I'll like and how I'll feel.

With my grandparents in town to help Stefan and I do some trying out of potential caterers (read: eating and drinking way too much insanely delicious and decadent food and wine), this past weekend was no exception. Long before we hopped in the car to drive out to wine country, I had already decided which hors d'oeuvres would please my palate and which fish would steal my heart and which caterer would ultimately reign supreme.  But somehow in that whirlwind of a day, I was proven all wrong - just the things I thought I'd love were sub par and just the things I thought I'd despise were oh-so-lovable. It was amazing to me how wrong my expectations could be.

1

The same was true when we headed over to Kunde to taste a few of their delicious wines, again as contenders for the wedding menu. With the valley buzzing with Savor Sonoma and celebration o' the Irish underway, the tasting room was decked out in St. Patty's Day style - including their bottle of Sauvignon blanc, which was colored green.




We all peered at it in disgust - this could not taste good.

But as I closed my eyes and took a sip, my expectations were defied again - it tasted just as light and refreshing as the version I'd tried with friends just a month before.


Then the same happened again when they brought out their signature dark chocolate and sea salt treats to taste with their cab - chocolate and salt? That couldn't be good.



But wrong again I was - delicious, silky, rich, and decadent was wrapped up in that pretty little paper.

But isn't that true of so much of life - we have a set expectation of something and so, so often the truth defies our best laid plans.

So (with my green colored wine) I am toasting to letting go of those so often wrong expectations and letting life come at me without pre-determined judgment.



xoxo
KK

2 comments:

  1. Totally envious of this series of pics! Wish I were there!! Love me some vino!

    YES! Love your background as well. Yay for being bloggie background buds!

    Newest reader!

    Meg ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salt & chocolate is the best combo ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: