Thursday, March 29, 2012

thrifty thursday: kitchen towels

I LOVE pretty towels hung all around the house.  They're such a perfect and practical way of adding a punch of color to an otherwise dull hanging rod, especially in the kitchen.

And while I love Williams-Sonoma's classic assorted varieties, at $19.95 for four, they're not exactly the cheapest in the world.

Williams-Sonoma Assorted Kitchen Towels, Set of 4
And if you have them, you know they get dirty real fast (at least the way I do cooking).  So while we have a stack, I always avoid actually using them - opting for a paper towel instead of dirtying their beautiful white and blue cloth.  So since this totally rids the item of any practical nature (and hurts the environment - I am a San Franciscan after all), I've been on the hunt for a new, cheaper option which I don't have to feel guilty about using to mop up that mushed up avocado I accidentally smeared all over our counter.

Enter: Target Clearance Rack.


Yep, you read that right - $1.98 a pop,
so that's $7.92 for four!
A savings of 60%!

And I would say they look pretty darn good in our blue-and-white-dressed kitchen.



Don't get me wrong - we still love and hang our Williams-Sonoma beauties, now we just have another towel right by its side that is for actual use.

Another thrifty tip?  Have a super stylish mom who sends you gorgeous gifts like that lovely woven cotton rug.

xoxo
KK

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I hate dirtying up my pretty hand towels! I've got my "nice" ones and my "everyday" ones totally separated. :) What a great frugal find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually like the feel of my towels the more i wash them, so i use the pretty ones + not so pretty ones all the same. you will get a ton for your wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: