Thursday, March 8, 2012

thrifty thursday: dish soap

So as I mentioned last week, I like nice things.  And "things" encompasses, well, just about everything.  Including my cleaning supplies.

1
It just makes me so much cheerier
to clean with these beauties

Problem is these pretty little guys come in at almost double what the store-brand varieties weigh in at, so it's hard to justify their use on a daily basis.

But then I got to thinking - what was it about these beautiful bottles that kept me coming back for more? 
Was it their fabulous cleaning properties? 
No.  I like to clean, but not enough to notice a difference between these and the normal necessities.
Was it their sensuous scents?
No.  There's no doubt their fragrances are lovely but the same can be found in the right grocery store varietal. 

Instead, it was their packaging: the delightful, cheery bottles and labels that make me smile whenever washing my dishes (sans dishwasher of course), cleaning our counters, or scrubbing our toilet.

SO, knowing this,
I took out my selection,
assessed what needed restocking,


purchased the necessary liquid in its most inexpensive form,


and re-filled my near empty Mrs. Meyer's bottle.


All for the bargain price of 99 cents.

If only Stefan and I could find a way to do the same for wine, we'd have a whole lotta dollars.

xoxo
KK

3 comments:

  1. Hehe, clever! I make my own "Fauxbreeze" at home, and put it in the Febreeze spray bottle. ;) It's so much cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deducing the draw to Mrs. Meyers... you love the bottle, and your fix is the perfect fit. Unfortunately, I am a desperate junkie for the basil scent, and therefore am faced with this chore: http://theinspiredroom.net/diy/make-your-own-mrs-meyers-liquid-soap-great-gift-idea-too/ And after all that, you still have to clean! Sadz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love method and mrs meyers! sometimes i cheat though, since they are expensive.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: