Friday, March 2, 2012

french favs

So last night around 7pm, Stefan and I got a spontaneous invitation for dinner at our fabulous French neighbor's apartment.  She was having a French friend of hers over and was wondering if we wanted to join.

"Of course!  What can we bring?"
"Um, well, perhaps some cheese?"  (Because she knows that being the cheese obsessionados we are, we obviously have 4 extra special varieties waiting in our fridge to be dined upon.)
"You got it.  See you at eight."

That evening as we chatted about the complexities of French Champagne and the earthiness of a good Bordeaux (our fellow Frenchman was a distributor of fine French wines), we shared our cheese (French St Agur blue, French Comte, Cowgirl Creamery Mount Tam, and Stefan's favorite: Swiss Appenzeller), French foie gras, French ratatouille, and a cheese cake with homemade French raspberry coulis - all washed down with some French wine, of course. 

I felt like the most refined, cultured, worldly gal that ever was.
(Although I am not sure my French friends would have agreed as I unelegantly slurped my wine, stuffed my chomper with cheese, and laughed with my big, bubbly American laugh.)

There's just something about French things that makes me feel way more sophisticated than I really am.  You know what I mean?

So this Friday, I am bringing you my French favorites, so you might be able to enjoy the fabulousness of being a Francophile as well.

For eating:

Pinned Image


For dessert:

Pinned Image


For drinking:

Pinned Image


For wearing:

Pinned Image
because who doesn't love paris in the rain?

Pinned Image
and you can't go with stripes


For doing:

Pinned Image


Pinned Image
The essentials for a parisian picnic

Pinned Image
macaroon tasting


For going:

Pinned Image


And just for fun:

Pinned Image

Have a fabulous (French) weekend!

xoxo
KK

2 comments:

  1. The truck full of bread... I'll take it (truck, bread, and all)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh j'adore it all! that drink sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: