Monday, April 9, 2012

easter morning

About two weeks ago, a fabulous friend of mine emailed to say she'd be in town over Easter weekend.  I happened to be signed up for the US Half Marathon, which runs across the Golden Gate, so I asked if she wanted to join.

"I haven't run in weeks," (she's a super intense and ridiculous cycler and skier).  "But that sounds awesome.  I'm in."

So Easter morning, rather than sleeping in and getting dressed up and going to church and brunching it up, Anouk and I were here at 6:45am:




Before we started, she warned me about her sub par running skills.
"Oh, don't worry," I told her. "I'll help you along."

 
Mile 4
About to cross the Golden Gate







But by the time we got to the halfway point, it became very clear who would be helping who along.  And it most certainly wasn't what Anouk had suggested.

I should have known from memories of our days running sports camps in Amman, Jordan together in the summer of 2008, that this girl is hardcore. 

Mile 10
Our final mile together before she left me in her dust

All by my lonesome on Mile 11

I think the run sealed the deal on her wanting to move out here so she can train to go pro in the Ironman.  And let me tell you - if you've seen this girl's intensity, you'd know she's totally got it in her.

The rest of the day was filled with more traditional (and relaxing) Easter activities: a bountiful brunch at La Boulange, some shopping on Fillmore, another brunch - this time for a very special birthday girl, a potluck Easter dinner, and of course a little Easter egg hunt for Stefan.



Hope your Easter was lots of fun!

xoxo
KK

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!! As much as I hate running and all of this marathon biz...I must admit, it'd be pretty effing cool to run one across the Golden Gate Bridge!!!

    Congrats on that! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so ambitious! i am a terrible runner, but I'd love to work up the athleticism to do a big run!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: