Tuesday, April 3, 2012

dear diary

I absolutely adore the idea of a daily journal, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  I've resolved, I've promised, and yet - I still don't write.  I guess in some ways these online daily musings serve a similar purpose, but fortunately for you and unfortunately for me, I'm not always documenting the ins and outs of each and every day.

Sometimes I wake up and wonder: what exactly was I doing a year ago?  Two years ago?  Five?  How have I changed - not just in actions but in attitude?

So this morning, I checked April 3, 2011 via my Outlook Calendar which tracks just about EVERYTHING about my daily happenings, even Stefan and my romantic dates.  (What can I say?  We were trained as general management consultants - life is so much easier when managed via Outlook, but more on that another time.)

I deduced from my appointments that I was in fact in Florida basking in the sun before celebrating my Kaka's 75th birthday.


But other than that, I can't remember. 
Did Gretch and I run the island that morning? 
Did we chat about her exciting life in New York?  My pending move-in?  Her fancy job? 
Did we have a family brunch at the Innlet? 
Did we walk the beach?  Swim in the ocean?  Play in the sand? 
Where was I thinking I'd be in a year from then?  Here?  Doing this?  Marrying him?

How I wished for a journal to let me dig into moments past.  To remember and savor and learn from those days gone by.

Enter: easiest (and prettiest) daily journal known to womankind. 


Pinned Image
Idea from Sofia's Journal


With a note card for each day, all you need is a few moments each evening to jot down your daily happenings and anything else you may want to remember.  Think of how lovely it will be looking back a year from now when marking down that day's journey, reminiscencing about a memory 365 days prior. 

 
Find your note card basket

Do you keep a journal?  How do you do it?
xoxo
KK

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog! I added myself to your followers aswell!
    Hope all is great with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this way of journaling! it's simple and sweet. and i could totally make time for this :)

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: