Wednesday, April 4, 2012

mornings

I've got my morning routine down to a tee: the moment my alarm goes off, I'm out of bed and in my running clothes.  After a quick coffee, I'm off to work-out, then shower, then dress, then head into the office, finally scarfing down my breakfast desk-side while pouring through overnight emails.

All this rushing makes my mornings whiz by without a second thought, but with the loveliness of the morning light these days, I started wondering if I was missing out.

Not too long ago, I started taking one day a week to really savor the morning. Instead of bolting off to a morning jog, I take the day off and head to my favorite cafe: La Boulange.  



When they open at 7, there isn't a soul in sight.


I place my order with the barista who knows me by name (and coffee preference), and then find myself a spot on the upstairs level so I can watch the morning goers grab their coffees and pastries before the hustle and bustle of their days.


Sometimes I just savor a latte - taking time to enjoy the frothiness of the milk and the richness of the espresso.



Other times I spoil myself - ordering Boulange's decadent French Toast with fresh fruit. 


Some days I just eat and watch the patrons, others I pen a postcard to my grandparents or read an article in the paper.  Regardless of the details, the ritual has forced me to slow down and enjoy.  Because after all, life is mostly made of moments just like this: simple, everyday, plain, yet perfectly delightful all the same.

xoxo
KK

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said it better... Sometimes life is the best in those simple moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, this kind of morning sounds absolutely heavenly! sometimes those slow mornings and just enjoying what all the day brings are the best. and this little place is just adorable to stop it off ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. well that looks like a lovely little breakfest you had there!

    xx Kelly

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: