Friday, April 20, 2012

favs for spring cleaning

Growing up, spring brought not only soccer season and tulips blooming and rain galore, but cleaning. 
Cleaning the shed to be exact. 
And to be clear: this "shed" was no small shack.  Big enough to fit four suburbans, the edifice was packed full of tools, bikes, mowers, pots, and a bazillion other items. 

At the time, I abhorred this ghastly task avoiding it as best I could, but somehow my brother, sister, and I were always dragged into the feat.  We'd spend a weekend together as a family sorting, discarding, reorganizing, and cleaning, ending each evening with a well-earned meal and lots of laughs over our communal hatred of the chore.  While I couldn't appreciate it then, over time, I've come to realize that despite its unpleasantness, the annual cleaning of the shed was not only incredibly satisfying, but (dare I say it) fun.

We've got a dinner party Friday night and a birthday barbecue/pool party in Sonoma Saturday, but this Sunday, it's spring cleaning time.  I'm planning to tackle a few projects of my own that have been plaguing (or perhaps tempting?) me these past few months. 

To inspire you to consider doing the same, here are a few fav spring cleaning ideas I've stumbled upon of late:

For cooking:
make your cooking cabinet gorgeous
with these free printables to stick on some jars of your choosing

For the fridge:
Pinned Image
Organize your perishable goods with
these fantastic organizers from crate and barrel


For bathing:

Pinned Image
Never hunt through your medicine cabinent again
from here


for planting:

Pinned Image
hate throwing away your old tea cans?
reuse them as adorable planters for fresh herbs
inspiration here


for remembering:

Pinned Image
framed glasses "to do" and "to buy" lists
simply write with dry erase
inspiration here


for your jewels:

Pinned Image
anthropologie egg crate keeps your goods in order
without sacrificing style
inspiration here

Have a fantastic weekend!

xoxo
KK

1 comment:

  1. i use an anthro egg crate for my earrings! it works great.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love hearing from you! Leave us a note here: